FRAM RACING Spin-On Oil Filters
High Oil Flow Rate
The oil film, or wedge, is the only element separating racing engine components that are moving at extremely high speeds. A high oil flow rate and high oil pressure are essential to deliver the flow volume necessary to maintain the oil film between moving metal surfaces. For this reason, the low restriction racing media of the FRAM RACING filter was designed for high oil flow.
Ideally, racers would like zero restriction, but that is not possible. Oil flow encounters some restriction even as it moves through all engine passages. To create the smallest amount of restriction, the FRAM RACING filter utilizes up to three times the media used in passenger car oil filters for absolute minimum pressure drop with no sacrifice in filtering ability.
High Performance Features:
- Heavy-duty steel body construction to resist high pressure surges and external impact
- Low-restriction racing media designed for high oil flow
- Spiral-shaped centertube to provide protection against collapse
- Heavy gauge steel tapping plate to withstand high pressure flexing
- Screen-over bypass valve to provide additional protection against larger contaminants
- Relief valve developed uniquely for high oil flow racing conditions
By-pass screen built in.
Complete Fram Listing
Complete Oil Filter and Adapter Listing